Thursday 21 March 2013

I dont believe it!!

I am so thrilled, I have got in the Top Three with my Kingfisher card I entered in the Make My Monday
 -Inspired by Nature challenge.  I was really surprised as there were so many beautiful entries that week, Check them out over on the Make My Monday blog. They are stunning. Then yesterday evening I discovered I had got an Honorable Mention for Rudolph Blacknose in the 52CCT, black, gold and white colour challenge AND  in the Top Three with Love in Pink on the Colours and Sketches colour challenge.  This is all so exciting.  Thank you so much to the DT judges and thank you too to everyone who has posted such lovely comments. I really am overwhelmed.  I am loving making these cards and when I have made them it is so lovely to be able to share them with someone.
I cant believe that a month ago I had absolutley no intention of having a blog or entering any challenges.
Then at one of Jacqueline's workshops Louise and other group members were talking about their blogs.  I came home and decided to spend the afternoon looking at them.  They were fascinating.  I saw the 52CCT challenge of a Christmas card in brown, yellow and white and decided to have a go at making a card in those colours. I was just going to use the challenges for ideas, but not intending to do anything about it.  When I had made my Leaping Deer card I took it to Jacqueline to show her and she kindly entered it on the blog via email for me.  Well you could have knocked me down with a feather  when it won Top Honour.!!!  The next thing I knew Jacqueline had designed a blog for me and the rest is history.  I'm now well and truly hooked.  It is such fun.  I have Jacqueline to thank for all this, in fact for keeping me crafting.  If it wasn't for her workshops, encouragement and inspiration I might have given up card making a long time ago. Do go to Jacqueline's blog deezinesart and have a look at her cards they are wonderful designs and from there you will be able to  go to other peoples blogs and look at their cards.  There are so many talented people out there. I have made some lovely friends through crafting and Jacqueline's group, they are all lovely ladies, very kind and helped me a lot when I was recovering from a hip replacement op. In fact thanks to all my friends who helped me at that time.
I think I will now spend a little time adding to my blog and looking at other peoples blogs and adding some comments to their wonderful designs. That is of course until another stimulating challenge comes along.

1 comment:

  1. Viji - I am so glad that you are enjoying your blog so much - it's lovely to see your beautiful cards too. It's always a worry when you start that no one will see them but entering all the challenges helps a lot. You will make lots of crafty friends too in blogland who I am sure will be inspired by your creations - can't wait to see what you come up with next - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete