Thursday 21 March 2013

Christmas Cat

I said in my last post that I wasn't going to make any more cards this week or enter any more challenges as I wanted to work on updating my blog. There are do many things  that I have not discovered how to do. How to get the winners badges on my blog for a start off.  But I just had to have a go at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown -  Christmas Animals challenge. I had this little stamp of a cat for ages now and never used it so I tried to think of a way I could use it in this challenge.  I wanted to put her sitting in front of a fire, but decided making the fire would be very time consuming and it might look rubbish at the end, so I just stamped and embossed her, masked her off and then sponged a background in fire colours, I used Stampin' Up's Real Red, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil delight.  The tree is from Stampin' Up's Lovely as a tree.  This is a lovely set and I use it often. I added a little red glitter and a bow and there we are.  Quite a cheerful little card I think and the little cat looks very pleased with herself, so perhaps it is nice and warm by the 'fire'!



6 comments:

  1. You have been busy Viji! This is a lovely card - a very cute cat and yes she does look rather pleased with herself! Thanks for playing along at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viji I love this little cat, and she does look smug in front of that cozy fire, Lovely As A Tree is a very useful stamp set, isn't it? This is another fab card and thank you fr joining in with my challenge at 52 CCT

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! The colors are amazing and I adore the stamps you used! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is really sweet - the shaded area does give the impression of a fire and I love the expression on the cat's face! Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    PS Have fun with your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Viji - I love how you've created that warm glow inside that die shape - very lovely and cozy!! Terrific card you've made to share with us this week at 52CCT! Glad you got your blog up and going - it's nice to be able to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little kitty cat! Thanks for playing at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete