Wednesday 10 April 2013

Folded Frame Card

I didn't think I would have time this week to make any cards, but kept wanting to have a go.  The first one was the Colours And Sketches colour challenge, Raspberry Ripple, Daffodil Delight and Bashful Blue.  I have to confess that for some reason I just couldn't get an idea what to do although I gave it a lot of thought.  I thought of all sorts of designs but none really felt right.  Then yesterday I went to a workshop at Jacqueline's where we made a folded frame card and I thought if I make it in the CAS colours I could send it to the challenge. So here it is.


I chose a design paper from Bo Bunny that was pale blue one side and pale yellow/cream on the other.  After folding it I stamped some little flowers round the edge in Daffodil Delight and stamped some Stampin' Up butterflies in Raspberry.  I added a few gems to give it a little bit of bling.  At first I thought I wouldn't make this design again as there was the usual measuring and folding which as you know I don't like, but in the end it wasn't too bad and it does give you the chance to use some of those beautiful double sided design papers, that you just keep and don't want to use because they are so beautiful. I never know which side to use.  At least you can see both sides with this design so I think I will make some more cards using this technique.  Thanks Jacqueline for showing us how to do this.





5 comments:

  1. Hi Viji, this is amazing. So much detail yet still CAS. I love the butterflies flying out of the folds and such a great use of our colours. So pleased you persevered and joined us at CAS-COLOUR and Sketches x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Viji. Love it! Thank you for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week! Paula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disappointed that you didn't tell us how to make the card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Linda, I should have said, Jacqueline at deezinesart will probably show you how to make it on her blog. She usually does post a tutorial that is why I did not tell you how it was made. Hope you find it.

      Delete
  4. Hi Viji
    love how it looks like the butterflies are flying out of the box! Great idea to do this at our craft workshop. Thanks for joining in with our colour challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete