Tuesday 9 April 2013

Elsie's birthday

Yesterday was my Granddaughter's 2nd birthday.  Where has the two years gone?  She is of course absolutely beautiful and such fun to be with. (I know all Grandmothers say that.)  She smiles all the time and is such a busy little person, into everything, and wants to know how everything works, pulls apart, goes together etc and is fiercely independent wanting to do it all herself.  We had a little party for her on Sunday and she had some lovely presents, her favourite being a cooker and lots of things to go with it, all made of wood.  She loves 'cooking' and putting her teddy to bed in a little carrycot she had and he has to be tucked in 'just so'!  Here is Elsie Rose trying to do up Merlin's (my little dog's) collar and she has done it!! The smile says it all.


This photo was taken at Christmas.  I haven't got any photos of her birthday on my computer yet.

Here is the card I made for her.

It is a Sheena Douglas stamp and I bought it because it reminded me of Elsie, she has a little bike and tousled hair and she was going to wear a fairy dress with wings, but when the day came for her party she wouldn't put it on!  The image is coloured using water colour pencils.  It isn't a very clear image because there is quite a lot of glitter on the wings, stars and dress and the sentiment is mounted on glitter card.  The camera didn't pick it up.  I hope she liked it and I hope she had lots of fun on the day.  I am sure she did.

1 comment:

  1. That is a perfect stamp for a little girl's birthday card! Love the glittery touches too, most of all I like that cheeky face on the photograph- she's adorable! (I don't think I've seen a picture of Elsie before)

    Louise

    ReplyDelete