Wednesday 10 April 2013

Christmas Star

After I came home I thought I might as well make another card and if I do one using the 52 CCT sketch and also make my own background I could enter the Make My Monday challenge too.
Here is Christmas Star.  It is a Clarity stamp and I have been dying to use it, so I think I will be making quite a lot of Christmas cards using this stamp.  I love it.


Like a lot of crafters I make lots of my own backgrounds.  This is nothing exceptional, it is quite a common and simple technique.  I used Clarity Silk card, and stamped snowflakes and baubles in Versamark all over it.  I then used the brayer to go over the whole card.  I used Big and Juicy Waterfall and Stampin' Up Brilliant Blue.  It gave quite a variation of blues, but it isnt very clear in the photo.  The star is heat embossed using silver tinsel embossing powder and  looks very shiny with some glitter in it.  Again not obvious in the photo.  I then brayered all over it, so the background is very plain and simple.I added some ribbon down the side so that the white frame of the star showed up.


10 comments:

  1. I think it's very exceptional and lovely! A true stunner! Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Vibrant colours and a lovely design
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Viji, those blues are gorgeous. Love the star image:). I've made a background too for Make My Monday (not my thing at all, but I've had a go at least) Thanks for joining in with the fun at 52 CCT
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! I love the beautiful star and the gradient of colour around it. It is simply beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning! Gorgeous coloring and fabulous use of silver! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT & MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that silver sparkly star and the vibrant blue backgrounds, a wonderful Christmas card Viji! Thanks so much for joining us again at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your resist technique turned out really well. I love that gorgeous blue! Thanks for sharing your card in this week's sketch challenge at 52{C}CT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the blues, it's a very pretty card. Seeing this has encouraged me to get out the brayer and give it a try, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card, Viji - a stunning background and I love the focal stamp. Thanx for joining us at Make My Monday.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining in with my DIY background challenge at MMM.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete