Tuesday 14 May 2013

Red and White Christmas.

This is the card for the 52CCT colour challenge.  I love red, my favourite colour, but I had to do a lot of thinking which stamp to use. I love this Tim Holtz stamp, it is a set of four and I haven't used it before, so I thought I would use it in this challenge as its a little bit different. The ink is Poppy Parade, a lovely red.  I have kept is simple as the DT seem to like simple, so I didn't put any bling on it although I could have put a little bit perhaps, just a red gem on a circle perhaps, but left it in the end.  The top image is mounted on foam pads just to lift it up a bit.  I also did the same layout but mounted it on white card instead of red.  Which one do you like best?


White on red


Red on White




6 comments:

  1. This is so COOL! LOVE the fabulous stamps you used--so non-traditional! Absolutely awesome! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh, I'm not sure which one I like best...they're both fabulous cards!I do like the ribbon over the corner of the red one. That's a great image too. Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant cards - I love the very funky stamp! I think they are both just FAB! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Viji, kind of retro but contempo all at the same time which is great! I definitely think some bling would look fab on a few of the circles - bling is almost mandatory on a Christmas card for a touch of festive sparkle!

    Hmmm, tough choice but I think the red on white just has the edge for me! So nice to have you playing along with us again at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red on white for me please - just awesome! A great non-traditional and modern card you've made. thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards...I think I like red on white because it really pops!

    ReplyDelete