Tuesday 6 August 2013

I'm back (for the moment)

Its nearly six weeks since my last post and since I did any crafting (except for a little bit while away, more about that later) I hope I can remember what I have to do.  I have had two trips away in my Romahome, I had a wonderful time.  The first trip was to Suffolk, a part of the country I have not visited before. I have always wanted to go to Southwold, so I made my way across country to there.  It is a lovely little seaside town and lived up to my expectations.  I shall certainly go there again.  I met some lovely, interesting people and visited some very interesting places and the weather was fantastic.  My second trip was much quieter, just to the Welsh Borders and it was very quiet, on one site I was on my own!! Something I did not expect at this time of year. I needed the quiet as the week before I had had a lot of problems at home with things going wrong, the worst one being water pouring down into my airing cupboard!!  All my sheets etc were soaked and all had to be washed again, but at least I got to sort all the cupboard out. A very good neighbour came and sorted it out for me.  I dont know what I would have done without him.  I really do have some lovely neighbours, so I sent him one of my thank you cards that I made just after Christmas, plus a present because I was so grateful to him.  Here is the card I sent.



Not a very good picture I'm afraid. I used a selection of Stampin' Up stamps and of course the usual triple layer technique.
In between trips in the Romahome, (called Matilda) I spent my birthday weekend with my daughter Beth, her partner Andy and lovely little granddaughter Elsie.  I was treated to a pedicure, a lunch out and then in the evening a wonderful Proms in the Park concert at Blenheim Palace, it was fantastic, complete with cannons. muskets, and fireworks which were spectacular!! It was also very very hot!!!! We practically melted.  Here is the thank you card I sent Beth, again from my stash.  I shall have to make some more, my stash is getting low.



This stamp set is Vintage Vogue from   Stampin' Up.  Its one of my favourites and I use it a lot.
So it has been a wonderful summer so far and it isnt over yet.  In between all these trips I caught up with jobs round the house and garden, getting up at 6 a.m. to do a couple of hours in the garden before it got too hot.  So I had no time to craft, but I did keep in touch with the blogs and have missed some lovely challenges.  I am going to try a do a couple before I go off again, which I hope to do soon, not sure where yet.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
  

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards with this great technique
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie, thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my cards. They really help me and keep me going. I love all your cards, and regularly visit your blog. I think Whitby Abbey is absolutely amazing a total work of art. I really must have a go. I have tried to leave a comment on your blog, but couldnt quite work out how to do it. Will have to have another careful look at it. Thank you for all your lovely inspirational cards. Love Viji. x

      Delete